Monday, October 25, 2004

20 Things I Really, Really Like

I am so exhausted with political banter. All it ever does is make my blood pressure skyrocket. The way I see it, all this back-and-forthing isn't going to change anything. I'm voting the way I'm voting and there's little more I can do right now. For that reason, I am placing a personal moratorium on political blah blah blah. Instead, I'm going to list 20 things I really, really like, in no particular order, as they come to me.

1. Jane Austen
2. Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer
3. Chick Peas
4. Tomatoes
5. Soup
6. Old Dip Pens and Bottles of Ink
7. Fancy Paper
8. Slightly Archaic Diction (Avast!)
9. Perfume
10. Beethoven and all Melancholy Classical Music
11. Bill Bryson
12. Wine
13. Pottery (Making and Buying)
14. Trees
15. Swimming
16. Highly-Scented Candles
17. Mike Nelson
18. Alton Brown
19. Animals (mine and every other)
20. Extended, Hyphenated Adjectives

These things are good.

What do you like?


4 Comments:

Blogger The Unseen One said...

Excellent list!

Just remember, if not for our political banter in highschool, I would probably still be a liberal. ;)

What do I like?
- Naps on cloudy cool fall afternoons
- Breeds of hound dogs
- Being antagoinstic (character flaw, but I do so enjoy it)
- Coming up with fiendish plans
- Starlight on the night of a new moon with clear skies far far away from city lights
- The ocean at night
- Snowstorms when I have no place to go
- Brief moments of Zero-gravity
- Spending time with a few intelligent friends that have good senses of humor
- New electronic toys

4:28 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

I can't believe I forgot to put fiendish plans! Hey NH, maybe we could get a LAIR or something. We need a lair for concocting fiendish plans. No villain should be without one. Too bad the hollowed-out volcano has been done to death. Start thinking and I'll work on my evil laugh.

6:53 PM  
Blogger The Unseen One said...

Villain Supply has some really good lairs on the market.

http://www.villainsupply.com/lairs.html

Personally, I'm inclined to select the Evil Castle Lair. "ULTRAMODERN COMFORT WITH AN EVIL GOTHIC FLAIR!" I figure we have one constructed on a cliff face overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. If no place suitable is found, my cousin owns a landscaping company and we can have a cliff built. He'll give us a 10% discount. Put in an Evil Elevator System (tm) down to the subterrainian Pirate Ship dock where we can launch our attacks against unsuspecting Disney Cruise Ships and such.

Muh ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!

The corporate megatower is pretty nifty too, especially with the "Building to Rocket upgrade", but it is a bit too 1990's.

2:55 AM  
Blogger The Unseen One said...

Oh, and it should be high-tech, but with an Art Deco feel, so it has a retro-futuristic look. Something along the lines of what they thought the future would look like back in the 1950's.

12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home