Saturday, February 05, 2005

Remodel

I am a creature of habit, and I whine without mercy when my routine gets interrupted. So, this past week has been a whine-a-thon. My bedroom is being remodeled. This is entirely necessary and highly desirable. My bedroom is in a section of the house that was an addition, at some point before we purchased the place 9 years ago. The genius who built the addition decided to do it out of cinder block, with no insulation. For all this time, I have been freezing my ass off every winter. Finally, a roof leak caused a huge crack in the ceiling and the time for repair was at hand. You'd think I'd be happy and grateful to be getting a new bedroom. You'd think I'd be thinking of all the poor, unfortunate folks who have no decent house of their own. But no, I whine because I have to sleep on the couch for two weeks and my bed is upright in my bathroom. But still, it's getting done, and that's a very good thing. I get to pick out new paint and carpet tonight. But for the time being, I live in disarray.

This is my bedroom on Monday of this past week. Note the ceiling, now on the floor.



And this is an action shot of Jim doing something very construction-y. I think he'll be proud of the sheer manliness of this photo.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

That's a very manly shot. I bet it was a bummer when he hit that pad of insulation and got asbestos all through his eyes/mouth. (No, wait, that's what would happen to ME if I tried doing something like that.)

That's very cool that you're getting a bedroom remodel. Geez, I can't even work up the desire to paint my house. If you need to do a little whining to get through those two weeks, then so be it.

So, you've got one more week to go? You'll have to let us know how it turns out. The master bedroom in our house is right over the uninsulated garage and is FREEZING, so one day we'll be doing the same thing. Yipes.

6:43 AM  
Blogger The Unseen One said...

Isn't it a universal law that a man can't be doing a good job on fixing stuff unless you can see "moon-age?"

1:30 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

A little whinage is your entitlement; as long as you don't get so routinized about your substitute bedroom, that you whine when you get your remodelled one.

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home