Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Businesswoman

That's me. I've taken the plunge. The big plunge. I have just rented prime storefront space to open a ceramics studio and art/craft gallery. I have been wanting to do this for a long time and the time just seemed right. I also got a great deal on the space. (This is also in keeping with my birthday commitment to make loads of sweet moolah.) So, it's goodbye technical writing. Thank you, Lord!

In the past, I have always found this strange oxymoron to be very true: The busier you are, the more you get done. Years of working from home have proven this time and time again. When you have no schedule, you tend to get lazy. You swear it won't happen to you, but it does. I think that with this business, I am creating the perfect balance of working for myself, but outside the home. It will be MY store, with MY office. I know that spending so much time there will not only enable me to run the business, but inspire me to finish my books as well. I feel like I am finally going to create the life I have envisioned. Or at least a slightly-less-exciting version of that dream. But I'm getting there.

I've gotten this far now. I've gotten up the necessary courage to start something scary. Tornado chasing and auditioning for community theatre really can't be far away. Then, I'll have everything I've ever wanted.

Business owner
Author
Tornado chaser
Local actor

AAAAAAAHHHHH.... I'm getting closer.

So, I'll be posting pictures as the store progresses. I anticipate an opening day of May 1. Everybody come to Murrysville when you need to get an art-on. HA HA HA

Oh, and right before opening day, I'm getting that blue streak in my hair. You only go around once.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

That's so incredibly cool, congratulations Kristine! Murrysville is a neat little area, perfect for an art gallery.

And you must count me in for the tornado chasing. We can buy a Wrangler, trick it out and beef it up, then head out to the midwest for some storm chasing.

5:13 PM  
Blogger The Unseen One said...

NIFTY!!! Thanks for the invite. I'll be there!

Blue streak, eh? Would you like a Yoohoo with that? Just kidding. ;)

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Kris, I truly am proud of you. I can't wait for the free stuff..lol...I am positive that you will not only make an outstanding business owner, but a Murrysville Icon as well...Let me know if I can do anything to help, I love that stuff!!!
Super Jeans

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Kris, I truly am proud of you. I can't wait for the free stuff..lol...I am positive that you will not only make an outstanding business owner, but a Murrysville Icon as well...Let me know if I can do anything to help, I love that stuff!!!
Super Jeans

9:19 AM  
Blogger Lorna said...

You must be so excited---you stay that way, and I'll be scared for you. Entrepreneurial endeavours scare the pants off me, even as I envy the people who undertake them. Hope you'll write about the progress of your opening. What state is Murrysville in?

8:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried leaving a comment the other day and it just didn't work. So I'm really late with this, sorry! I think this is fabulous and wish you the best of luck with it. You ROCK!

Alicia

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home