Saturday, February 12, 2005

Messy


Here, we're getting nearer completion. YAY! No more stupid ceiling fan, no more cinder block walls, and no more freezing my ass off every night!



Here's my master bathroom right now. What a damned disgrace. Luckily, we have a master bath as big as the bedroom, so everything fits and I can still use the shower. We couldn't put everything in the basement because that is being concurrently remodeled by my B&C. What a mess.



Here's the fireplace in my bedroom. Note the fugly yellow brick. It's about to become natural slate. I wish I had gotten a picture of it before they started to rip it up. It didn't look as bad as all this. But still. Yellow brick. Who even invented that shit?

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Oooh, I can't wait to see the finished product. Looks like you guys are getting close.

You have a fireplace in your bedroom? And a bathroom as big as your master bedroom? I'm so jealous. Please tell me it's really tough to clean such big rooms, or something, so I don't feel bad about my slightly-bigger-than-a-breadbox bathroom, and fireplace-less bedroom.

12:40 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Kelly, our house is the weirdest mishmash. Yes, we have a fireplace in the bedroom, but not the living room. The previous owners built the master bedroom and then used it for a family room. Hence the fireplace. And the bathroom was an addition, so yeah, it's quite a bit bigger than I bargained for. There's a whole reason for that and it would be impossible to explain without seeing it. I do love my big bathroom. My husband is a big guy, so we built a giant shower for him. Extra high shower head for his tallness and all that. And it's 6X6 so you can actually shave your legs without toppling. Our bathroom truly is insane. It all sounds SO decadent, but I bet you'd be surprised if you saw how small the house really is. It was built in the 50s and is just STRANGE. ha ha

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home