Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I've Banned Someone.

I admit it, I have cheaply banned someone from my blog. I did so because what started as a civil discussion was met with an unending barrage of personal attacks. In my attempt to back up Unseen just a little, I was hit with the following:

1. My stupid fucking hat makes me look like an elf.
2. I should go to glamour shots and get a better picture of myself.
3. My parents must like to deface (sic) God because they misspelled "Christ" in my name.
4. I should go and suck lemons because my life must be miserable.
5. I was accused of not understanding sarcasm, but my profile was taken seriously.
6. I should put a cock in my mouth to keep me busy while I wait for Jesus to scoop me up.
7. I oughta get laid.
8. Oh, almost forgot. My ugly knitted hat must be keeping the alien voices low, or something.
9. And the best one: The way I write sounds gay.

After all that, I decided to delete everything I had written and refrain from association with these people. At that, the owner of the blog said that because I am a Conservative, I quit when the argument got too hard. I'm not sure what's really there to discuss, so I did quit. And yes, I'm banning the blogger in question. I just want to write about tea and wine and commas and chocolate and movies and how super-hot Gary Oldman is.

But to this blogger, I apologize. My comments, originally, were not meant to stir this all up. I think it's unfortunate, but this blogger's friends rendered themselves irrelevant by doing nothing but attacking me personally. I divest myself of the whole thing. And I totally understand sarcasm, when it's actually sarcastic. And I like a good joke, when it's actually funny. If these things were meant as jokes, then I'm dealing with 6th graders. And I still like my stupid fucking elf hat.

My life is already too complicated and too stressful. I don't need the extra negativity. So, in the future, I will continue by blogging only about insipid topics. It's what I prefer anyway.

13 Comments:

Blogger Lorna said...

My dear, the very act of your addressing a topic renders it anything but insipid.

And whether or not I love your fucking hat is just totally irrelevant......

10:37 PM  
Blogger The Unseen One said...

Sorry to hear that.
Some people should remember to take their meds before they get near a computer.

7:23 AM  
Blogger The Unseen One said...

At that, the owner of the blog said that because I am a Conservative, I quit when the argument got too hard.

When this person tries to guess our motivations behind our actions in simplistic terms, it really shows that she is a lot dumber than I originally thought.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Darrell said...

Don't let the bastards grind ya down, Kris. Especially the stupid bastards.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Lorna, Thanks. I really appreciate that. I'm glad they never and read my post proposing National Hat Day.

Unseen, I do feel like I cut and ran, but I also felt that the discussion was free of substance, and I felt myself getting really defensive over MY PICTURE AND THE SPELLING OF MY NAME. I was so appalled at my own reaction, and I felt it was time to be the quitter. I'm glad I did.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Damn right, Darrell! By the way, YOU are really on a roll over at your blog. You go, Darwood.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Trash Blanc said...

That is quite a list. I LOL'd.

Gary Oldman, eh?

I knew he played roles in the 5th Element and Hannibal, but I did not realize the scope of his filmography.

Oooooh! I didn't realize that there was a sequel to Batman Begins!!! In 2008 Bale will be back in The Dark Knight.

Thanks for triggering the sequence of events that led me to that discovery!!!

10:11 AM  
Blogger Writing on Board said...

My Dear Kristine,

I am so sorry to hear about your predickament. A gentleman should never suggest that a lady have a cock in her mouth while awaiting the lord. This was not the intent of the phrase "second coming." Nor does a true lady hold a cock in her mouth while awaiting the lord. Both of these actions are not only heretical but could prove extremely messy - not only to your soul but to your sofa cushions. Don't do it, ladies! God is watching!

3:25 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

UM... OK.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Writing on Board said...

Dear Kristine,

I didn't mean to offend you. I thought it was funny and brave and honest that you used the same language used against you when you posted. I promise to take my meds before I ever post here again. (And I like your hat.)

11:09 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

No big deal, at all. I just could not, for all the world, figure out where you were coming from. Post whenever you like!

For the record, the person who gratuitously suggested I engage in this act is a woman. I don't know if that makes it better or worse. Or neither.

1:05 AM  
Blogger Writing on Board said...

Thanks Kristine!

2:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

How do you ban someone from your blog?

1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home