Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Turkey

Well, I am coming off of an extremely trying morning. I went to pick up my free-range, oven ready, organic turkey and in this soggy weather, he decided to fall out of the bottom of the box and onto my driveway. I know the turkey gods are punishing me for the meat purchase. I hope I don't have turkeymares this night. So, luckily, the turkey was all wrapped in foil, plastic and ribbons, so all I had to do was wipe it off and put the bird in the fridge. All this may have been funny, but I spent the morning with my mother, who can take bossiness to new heights. Also, I spilled soup on myself at lunch. So I am feeling a bit weepy and needful of yoga. I need to purge my mind of all these bad thoughts so that I may prepare to serve The Great Who Roast Beast without guilt or malice. Traffic, rain, falling bird, mother, the public, wildly erratic soup, and a goood argument with the b&c. It's been a bad, bad morning. Hmmmph... Add to it all that I am preparing dinner for six people who do not belong in a room together. I must not cook angry! I feel a top ten coming on, after I make some herbal tea and put away the rest of the groceries.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Unseen One said...

Feel the chi and repulse the monkey, Willow. You'll get through. Have some of that there seedless red, put your feet up, and repeat after me... "Their happiness is not my responsibility." That usually helps me cope with passive-aggressiveness.

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home