Friday, March 18, 2005

DaVinci

Maybe I'm way behind the times on this. Maybe everybody knows this but me. But I just saw that Tom Hanks is playing Robert Langdon in the movie version of The DaVinci code. Now, I really like Tom Hanks, a lot. But something about this just doesn't ring true. I pictured more of a Tom Selleck (I know - too old) or even a George Clooney or Ben Affleck (oh, Ben, you're such a guilty pleasure). Tom Hanks just doesn't seem quite suave enough for the part. Or is that just me?

4 Comments:

Blogger Lorna said...

I was thinking of Naveen Andrews--sophisticated enough, kind of quirky; Or Taye Diggs; Or Ethan Hawke---which reminded me that Dave and I had a (for us) marathon of Before Sunrise and Before Sunset with Hawke and Delpy---a romantic and delicious treat with french bread, brie and a nice Chardonnay

7:26 PM  
Blogger The Unseen One said...

Personally, I don't think Tom Hanks casts enough of an intellectual persona to adequately fill the roll.

Someone more like Jeff Goldblum would do a better job of playing Jeff Goldblum... uh, I mean Robert Langdon.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

My head is hanging---I was going for colourless casting, but Jeff Gsldblum is definitely right for the part, and always a treat.

11:22 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

I dunno. I guess I was just hoping for someone a little more urbane, and admittedly, hotter. After all, isn't Langdon some kind of champion swimmer?

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home