Thursday, November 04, 2004

The Passion

Laura Ingraham says that now that we have the election all wrapped up, it's time to start rallying for that Mel Gibson Oscar for The Passion of the Christ. First of all, this is a gut-wrenching movie about Jesus Christ. Add to that, Mel Gibson has been doing anti-embryonic stem cell ads in California and publicly saying that Arnold Schwarzenegger will not return his phone calls. Let's face it. Hollywood ain't givin' him an Oscar unless under extreme pressure. We must spread the word and apply that pressure.

Now, I have an admission to make. I have not seen the movie. I know! I know! But I have heard all about it. I have sought out as much information about the film as I could without actually watching it. You see, I refuse to see it because of the actor playing Jesus. His name is Jim Caviezel and it just so happens I have a mighty large crush on him, because of his other movies. When I read that he would be playing Jesus, I knew I could never see the movie. It would be so sick and wrong to have the hots for the Savior. And I know I would. I just can't do it.

Despite that, I will sally forth and proclaim that the film deserves an Oscar. My mommy says it does and that's good enough for me.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Drake said...

Citizen Willow, let not your heart be troubled. Brother Mel had such a makeup job done on Brother Caviezel that he's not even recognizable as the hottie you crave.

But the movie is a MUST SEE for anyone who believes. I used to think that i got the picture of the kind of suffering that Christ endured for my sins, but this movie really puts it into perspective.

Plus, there's a nice bit of creative interpretation offered that doesn't cross the line, but keeps the movie interesting.

Blessings,

The Data Nazi (friend and former co-worker of the Unseen Blogger).

3:12 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Data Nazi, I am very appreciative of your comment, but I fear it may not be enough. For what I find so hot about The Caviezel is the voice. The face ain't hurtin' but it's that voice. I have seen many a clip, and his appeal is most tenacious. Perhaps I'll try anyway. I do so want to see it.

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home