Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Grump

I've been going insane with bidnis stuff I have to do. Just now, I hit a wall. There's nothing more I can do today. Now I'm sitting here, all confused. Maybe I should do some laundry. Maybe clean up the kitchen. Or maybe I should write a post about things I dislike. Ha. That's it. It's break time. Here's a list of 10 random things I dislike:

1. People who take e-mail addresses from mailings and use them for themselves. Must I always blind copy? I guess so, because I got a perturbed letter from a friend who was contacted by someone from whom she did not want to hear. This rogue e-mailer got her address from one of my jokey forwards. Can't do that anymore.

2. White Zinfandel. When will Americans wake up and realize that this is not wine? Well, technically, it is wine, but still. I'm just saying.

3. New Jersey accents. I'm sorry. They just sound really stupid.

4. People who hide their real intentions or try to manipulate me via my emotions. OK, this is going to come off really pompous, but sometimes I feel like I must be the smartest people-reader in the whole world. I know instantly when someone is trying to pull the wool over my eyes or wants something from me. I always know, but I never let on. Sneakiness in personal relationships is so ugly.

5. IPA beers. Too hoppy for me.

6. Winona Ryder. Becuase she is a very bad actor, and she keeps kissing all of my potential boyfriends. If you need proof of either one of these facts, watch Bram Stoker's Dracula and The Age of Innocence. Either movie will highlight both the bad acting and offensive boyfriend kissing.

7. When somebody quotes Shakespeare and then asks me, "Know what that's from?" And I say, "Henry V". And they say, "No! It's from Star Trek 2 : The Wrath of Khan." I swear, I don't have anyone in particular in mind. (HA HA HA) But if a person is such a trekkie, shouldn't they know that Khan is quoting Shakespeare?

8. When people pass off the words of others as their own. LAME!

9. Eating a meal that makes you REALLY thirsty later.

10. Short dudes who compensate by being really loud and authoritative. Basically, the Napoleonic Complex. They usually have no idea what they are talking about.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

1. Oh no they didn't! Bad rogue emailer, bad!

2. What's wrong with White Zinfandel wine? I'm not a big fan of any kind of wine, so I'm not defending it. I'm just curious.

4. This is impossible, since I'm the best people-reader. And I don't care how pompous it sounds. We might have to prove who is the best through some kind of bs detector showdown.

6. Oh my goodness, that's hilarious! Before you know it, she'll be in a movie rubbing her druggie, shoplifting lips all over James Marsters. Ack!

8. Your #8 was really good, but do you know what else I hate? When someone passes off other people's words as their own. (Early morning humor, you gotta love it!)

10. The weird thing I've found about short guys is they're either total jackasses, like you indicated, or they're completely cool, awesome people. There seems to be no in between in the short guy arena.

7:38 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Well, Kelly, I'm ready for a bs detection showdown any time you are, baby! ha ha I LOVE it!

As for Winona, I fully expect her to put her lips all over James Marsters at some point. The law of averages suggests she will. I like him. Therefore, Winona will eventually kiss him, either for real, or in a movie. It's a universal truth.

Yeah, you're right about short guys. It's always one way or the other. I just hate it when it's the other.

My hatred of White Zinfandel will require a whole post. LOL

9:46 AM  
Blogger The Unseen One said...

Oh man! A lot of those bother me too. If I were you, I'd:

"Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!"
- General Chang, Star Trek VI

11:37 AM  
Blogger Kristine said...

Oh, NH, you're killing me here! That hurts!

11:40 AM  
Blogger The Unseen One said...

Just trying to make you laugh.
"So shines a good deed in a weary world."
- Willy Wonka

BTW, Shakespeare couldn't even bogart that one correctly. He said "naughty world".

"Tell me where is fancy bred,
In the heart, or in the head?"
- Another by Willy Wonka

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home