Monday, May 09, 2005

Queen

It is well-known, among those who know me well, that my all-time favorite band is Queen. They have been my fab four since I was 11 years old. I heard some buzz about them touring with Paul Rodgers, so I decided to look to see what was going on. I went and downloaded a recording of their concert three weeks ago in Munich, and I just listened to it. First of all, it was wild to hear all of the old songs again. I don't pull them out very often. I suffered from Queen overkill in high school and so I never think to pop them in the stereo. Well, it seems absence has indeed made my heart grow fonder. The songs bring back such memories, but, not when they are sung by Paul Rodgers. Now I've gotta dig out the real albums and spend some quality time with my Freddie, the greatest rock singer who ever lived, bar none. You can throw Steve Perry in my face all you want, or Sebastian Bach (you know who you are) but nobody has ever possessed the purity of sound and perfection of pitch that my dear Freddie had.

And out comes the vinyl.

3 Comments:

Blogger Suzie said...

HI K- Thanks for popping by the old blog. I hope things are better with the shop and things have calmed down for you! Yup, nothing like busting out the vinyl to get you back to high school land!

9:08 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

Freddie can break your heart or get you banging your head against something hard and immoveable. I want all his shoes, or reasonable facsimilies. That just reminded me how much I love Wayne's World....

On another note, I've been hopping to hear more about the shop, but as I'm also in the midst of one of those life-changing, heart-pounding,how-did-I-get-here things, I can see why this might not be the right time to ask. XX

11:37 PM  
Blogger Lorna said...

Oh hell, just please come back

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home