Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Tag!

Well, I have been largely absent, but I find that getting tagged with a meme tends to make me get off my lazy mouse and start typing. Things have calmed down somewhat at the store, and I have decided to start my own meme. I know, I know. It's quite presumptuous and I'm an upstart, but I've had a few questions I've been wanting to ask, and answer, I suppose. And so, without further ado, here is my own meme.

List each of the following:

TEN Words you love to say:
cockamamie, abstemious, hurricane, demagogue, abject, vulgar, expeditious, blatantly, Chateaueuf du Pape, fuck.

NINE Guiltiest pleasures:
American Idol, Survivor, Big Brother, Alan Alda, wine, Real Genius, Zebra Historical Romances, Alec Baldwin, Cadbury Flake Bars (when I can find 'em)

EIGHT Favorite items to wear (clothes or otherwise):
Lavender perfume, Teva sandals, Birkenstocks, long skirts, sleeveless shirts, granny cotton underwear, anachronistic garb like capes and highwaymen's coats, lipstick.

SEVEN Sexiest celebrities:
The Rock, Bill Murray, Daniel Day Lewis, Gary Oldman, Jason Isaacs, Alton Brown, Emma Thompson

SIX Most irritating celebrities: Barbra Streisand, Michael Moore, Winona Ryder, Dan Rather, Rosie O'Donnell, Sean Penn

FIVE Favorite things about summertime: Walks in the woods, the smell of chlorophyll, trips to the beach, wearing cool clothes, hanging out by the pool at night.

FOUR Books you've read most recently: The Screwtape Letters - C.S. Lewis, The Bear Went Over the Mountain - William Kotzwinkle, Candyfreak - Steve Almond, Little Black Book of Stories - A.S. Byatt (In progress. Thanks, Lorna!)

THREE Words you've been meaning to look up (and their meanings, if you're abitious):
erudite - Learned and teacherly
puerile - Childish (I thought that's what it meant!)
erstwhile - Previously, or in the past

TWO Funniest gifts you've been given:
  • At my bridal shower, I was given a real Star Trek uniform. (TNG command red.) The friend who gave it to me said that knowing John, she thought the effects would be far more potent than lingerie on my wedding night. Whether or not I put that to the test, I refuse to divulge.
  • Nun-shaped soap-on-a-rope from my friend Kelli. That still cracks me up.

ONE thing you both fear and find wildly intriguing: Wicca, Druidism and all things pagan.

I am tagging Name Hidden, Kelly, and Lorna.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Creating your own meme? You are quite the trail blazer, and I can't wait to do this one!

I just perused quickly, but I must say I'm shocked to see James Marsters missing from your #7.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Kristine said...

I considered him, but he cannot make the cut. I love (LOOOOOVE) the character, but am not very fond of the actor. ha ha The most conspicuous absentee is Viggo. I forgot about him at the moment. But that's the fun, I guess.

5:13 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I posted mine (finally)! I must comment: Cadbury Flake Bars = yum! They used to have them at an Irish store down at Station Square. Don't even know if the shop is still there, but that's some good candy.

Alec Baldwin?!?! What??? Does ... not ... compute ...

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home